registration and being able to attend tutorials and other events is great, but the most
important thing is that you feel part of the organization of that event."
Breno Miranda, ICSE 2014 SV
Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ICSE. They are the people that help everyone from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software engineering. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students. This is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest for software engineering and to offset some of the costs of the conference!
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate, graduate, and PhD students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ICSE 2015 a unique experience for all attendees.
Would you like to feel part of the ICSE 2015 organization? Don’t miss YOUR chance. Sign up and help us!
- Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week.
- Registration duties (including setting up, preparing conference bags, and helping attendees register).
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Provide directions to various locations at the conference center.
- Checking badges at various halls including dining halls.
- Other such similar tasks.
- Availability from 15 – 25 May 2015 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days of the pre and/or post conference program. Not all volunteers will be required during this time, and we can take this information into account during selection.
- Free Registration to the main conference and possibility to attend any selected pre-and post- conference events (including Technical Briefings).
- Free ICSE 2015 SV T-Shirt.
- Tickets for lunches for the whole stay at the venue, as well as for the ICSE social dinner and reception.
- An opportunity to meet and talk to leading researchers (both academic and industry) about your research.
- Knowing that you played an important part in the success of the conference!
- Enrollment as a PhD, Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Proficiency in English.
- Complete the online application form.
- Send your CV to the Student Volunteers co-Chairs via email with the subject "ICSE2015SV Application for <Student Name>".
- Provide a letter of reference from your academic supervisor, which must be emailed to the Student Volunteers co-Chairs by the academic advisor who you indicated in the application form (with the subject “ICSE2015SV reference for <Student Name>”). This letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us select you as a student volunteer.
Application Due Date (Including Reference Letters): January 23, 2015
Notification Date: February 10, 2015
Visas and Funding Options
- Visa Support Letters: If you need a visa support letter to apply for a visa, please visit the Visa Information page (http://2015.icse-conferences.org/visa).
- We encourage all students to apply for financial assistance through the Sigsoft CAPS program.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Student Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Student Volunteers co-Chairs know as soon as possible.
Student Volunteers co-Chairs
If you have any further questions or clarifications please contact Filomena Ferrucci and Gordon Fraser ().