ICSE 2015 Video contest
Florence is a city of art: by bringing ICSE 2015 to Florence we want to encourage a cultural blend between art and science. One way to express this blend is by participating in the ICSE 2015 video contest!
ICSE is also yours and we really want to see how you feel part of it! In this spirit, the ICSE 2015 Organizing committee invites you to submit your proposal for a promotional video, titled “The top three reasons I wouldn't miss ICSE 2015”. We then invite all to express their preference among the submitted videos.
We will select three finalists among the submitted videos based on a public vote. The winner will then be selected by a jury. The winning video will become the official promotional video for ICSE 2015 and will be featured on the ICSE web site and on social media channels. The author of the winning video will receive a complimentary registration for ICSE 2015's main conference.
All participants in the contest (who comply with the rules) will receive a free ICSE 2015 t-shirt.
Videos must not exceed 3 minutes in length and must be submitted from March 23 through April 18 May 4, 2014 (AoE).
Please read the submission guidelines and the official rules before submitting your videos!
March 23 - May 4, 2014: video submission period
May 9 - May 25, 2014: public vote
May 26 - 31, 2014: jury decision
June 6, 2014: announcement of the winning video at ICSE 2014
- Alessandro Orso (President) - Georgia Institute of Technology - United States
- Antonia Bertolino - ISTI - CNR - Italy
- Domenico Bianculli - University of Luxembourg - Luxembourg
- Antonello Calabrò - ISTI - CNR - Italy
- Gerardo Canfora - University of Sannio - Italy
- Sebastian Elbaum - University of Nebraska - Lincoln - United States stepped down because of CoI
- Stefania Fabbri - IIT - CNR - Italy
- Tien Nguyen - Iowa State University - United States
- Anna Vaccarelli - IIT - CNR - Italy
Video contest submission guidelines
To enter the Contest, you must:
- create an original video (your “Video”) that is narrated in English, is three (3) minutes or less in duration, and develops the theme “The top three reasons I wouldn’t miss ICSE 2015”;
- upload the Video on Youtube, making the Video unlisted and disabling both comments and ratings;
- license your Video under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license;
- include the link to your uploaded Video on the submission form;
- complete all other required information on the submission form;
- agree to these rules and submit the completed submission form within the submission period (collectively, a “Submission”).
To clarify, the submission of the form closes a Submission and no modification of the video is allowed afterwards.
You are solely responsible for ensuring you comply with the terms, conditions, and policies of Youtube.
The ICSE 2015 Organizing Committee (“OC”) is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, or unintelligible Submissions. Such Submissions are not eligible for this Contest.